Friday 16 January 2015

What A Weesse Wants. What A Weesse Needs.





 A new year encourages you to think of your hopes, dreams and aspirations for the next 12 months and possibly further. In early January, the year ahead to me feels like this long and winding road where life potentially could change entirely from beginning to end....and I guess in reality it could and often does and you make big plans to ensure that road is as exciting and interesting as it can possibly be. But in contrast,  I often feel in December that the year has passed me by. Sounds a bit negative and I don't mean it to. I'm a super busy person who I'm sure friends and family wouldn't label remotely lazy or unambitious....I do like to cram a fair amount in to a year it has to be said. But I always feel I've let myself down a bit at the end of the year, like I could've tried harder at life or let myself go a bit. There's some deep-down psychological shenanigans going on there for sure, eh?! My report cards at school would have NEVER read, "Lisa must try harder" and I guess once a swat, always a goody-two-shoes and so it may be that's why it's always 
'I could've done more or that I WILL do this year'...

 And something's gotta be done about making that so......

 In turn, I aim to list (as they come to mind and not in one fell swoop) and go about achieving any goals I set for myself this year, however small or large, monumental or seemingly insignificant. The phrase 'Life's too short. Buy the Shoes' springs to mind. I'm a bit of a procrastinator when it comes to treating myself. I see things I like and instantly begin to mull over the pros and cons of committing to a purchase, before making the final decision which I then in turn furthermore agonise over, regardless of whether it was a YAY or NAY. I think it stems from being self-employed and the uncertainty of the next pay cheque. I'm pretty sure I used to buy way more stuff for myself when I wasn't one's own boss....although I still agonised over the purchase just as much!!  Anywho, that aside, don't know about you but I continually see beauty products, fashiony bits and just random nice stuff that I rrrrreeeeally wanna try/buy but for some reason or other I just don't get round to. It would seem that in 2015 Weesse is gonna be that girl buying those shoes.....trying not stress about it afterwards!!


 I've made myself a lil' wish list of 'must have/try' bits 'n' bobs that, over the course of the year, I'll aim to road test or make a long-term investment in. Of course, I'll be adding & scoring off items as the year goes on but along the way I'll be sure to review & feature many items on here for your perusal. 

 I really want to invest in a decent pair of black heels/stilettos. There's those shoes we were just talking about! I feel that years of continually opting for cheaper weekend/going-out footwear (guilt-free shopping perhaps??) may becoming a thing of the past pour moi. I just don't get the longevity in terms of the quality and durability that I want and it's often false economy, as you end up having to repurchase more regularly, hence spending what you would have on one quality pair of shoes. I want a pair of black leather pointed-toe heels with very little detailing that will go with everything! First mission of 2015 I feel! I will chant the mantra that is 'Life's too short. Buy the shoes. Life's too short. Buy the shoes' as I go!!

 I literally boycotted books post-university for several years. I did an English Degree (and Spanish lit for a while too) and with devouring (at lightening-speed!) umpteen books a week for 4 years solid I just found that after graduating I had no real desire to make the time for reading at all. It had become a chore rather than a pleasure (despite enjoying my course and the literature immensely). I was well-read in more ways than one. There's well-read and then over cooked!  My interest was sparked once again a few years down the line but I found that I had no real stamina and never completed any books on a regular basis. 
 More recently though I've gotten back in to it. Nothing heavy. Just some light reads that for various reasons have taken my fancy and so thus far,  the book list for 2015 looks like this....and yes, I'm a little late to the party on these particular selections.... 


'Not That Kind of Girl' by Lena Dunham

  'It' by Alexa Chung

'How To Be Parisian'  by Anne Berest and Audrey Diwan

'Gone Girl' by Gillian Flynn





This list ain't a 'New Year Resolutions' list but more a 'Let's Get Sh*t Done in 2015' affair. There's already a few things I'm thinking I'd like to try/achieve/keep doing/be better at and I better start now as I'm confident that each month the list will have many additions. 



Sing More


Generally in everyday life but also performing. Singing with others too (again in everyday life would be nice!)



Try New Things

Whether it be food, restaurants, activities, clothing styles, ways of walking downstairs....Anything new I wanna be down on the list for!



Don't Worry. Be Happy.

Emphasis on the 'worry' part and definitely the 'don't' of that. I'm a wee stress-head worry-wart and although I'm chillin'-out a little more in my old age, I think there's still room for improvement in the Worrying vs Not stakes.

 For instance, I no longer worry if the plug is out of the socket.....not now that I just take a photo of it before I leave the house. Winning life right there peeps! 



Become a Successful Blogger

And you my friends hold the key! 


Read, like, share, comment and Tweet! The more the merrier to this one thanks. I'm finding this blogging malarkey  really good fun and actually super relaxing. It's a nice way to take stock and reflect on certain aspects of your life and after also giving up writing (other than appointments in my diary) after uni, it's lovely to be putting pen to paper once again (well finger to keyboard to be exact....but you knew what I meant!). Good for the soul this stuff! 



That'll do for now me thinks. 

Gives you lot the time to go away and make that last one a reality! That way I can tick it off the list, you know?! 

Right off you go.... Share, Tweet, Like away my friends! 


Over and out 

W x

 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.