Monday 13 October 2014

Winter Is Coming....

....and I loves me some knitwear!

Like, I really love it.

For our readers in the UK, you will know that we had been experiencing a bit of an unseasonable warm front over the past few weeks...20 degrees in September?! Cray. Zee.

THIS was not an ideal climate for my absolute most favouritist form of clothing. Knitwear.

My ranking of favourite forms (or features) of clothing runs something like this:

1. Knitwear
2. Skirts/dresses with pockets (HOW convenient?!)
3. Faux fur (or vintage, never new)
4. Leather (or pleather)
5. Tartan or "plaid"

So the day that I wear a leather skirt with pockets, a faux fur jacket and a massive tartan woolen scarf will be a good day fo sho.

I was kinda halfway there with this outfit. The coatigan has faux leather sleeves and trim, and the scarf is so cosy yet light. I did however wear this on a day where it was 20 degrees and had to half strip off in every shop I walked into.

Scarf- £5 Primark IN STORES NOW
Bag- £8 Primark IN STORES NOW, other colours available
Dress- Primark (last season)
Boots- Primark (2 years ago)
Coatigan- £20 Jumpo London, purchased at 2013 Clothes Show Birmingham (alternative sold HERE on eBay)
Stack of rings- £8.99 Parfois
Large ring- £3 Argento (SALE ITEM)

HOT. But seeing as the temperature has recently dropped (proven by the fact that I had to scrape my car windscreen this morning)...it's all about the knitwear baby!!

My go-to outfit at the moment is a knitted dress, belt, snood, tights and boots. Another more casual alternative is my pale grey skinny jeans and any massive chunky knit jumper. I am a lover of a knitted dress- this one is from Primark last year but they have a few in this season starting at around £12. INSTANT look.


You can of course invest in some cashmere that's going to last you much longer, but to be honest if you look after your cheaper stuff it might just last as long! Making sure you don't wash your knits at too high a temperature and taking care when ironing (shiny jumpers = not cool) is a good place to start.

If you're looking for cheaper less" alpine" head-to-toe knitwear options, why not consider woolen accessories instead? A great way to transition into autumn and Winter without looking like you're just back from the slopes. TOP TIP: When looking for new knitwear accessories, don't ignore the men's department ladies! I got this wine chunky knit snood from Primark's Cedarwood State menswear range for £5. An actual fiver. AND it comes in tan too!



Look how happy I am to be wearing this snood. LOOK AT MY FACE. #sheerjoy

Here are a few of my top picks for knitted accessories. in stores and online NOW.

Wool Fedora Hat
Mango £34.99


Tartan/check scarf
Primark £6

Grey woolen tights
Primark £3

Cream and grey checked scarf
Zara £25.99




Leather detail gloves
Mango £35.99


So there you have it. You don't have to go head-to-toe woolly to rock some crackin' knitwear.

But I will. Cause I LOVES IT.

If anyone needs me I'm the one hiding under four massive tartan scarfs and a fedora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.