Thursday 16 October 2014

COAT It Be Magic....

Mimi here!

I love a good pun (see title). I love a pun even more when it's used in reference to something I love more than puns. Like cats, chocolate, blowing out birthday candles and coats.

Right now, as you may know, my obsession is with the perfect grey coat. I got the perfect camel coat just a few weeks ago from Primark at a mere £25 (although one of the studs fell off so am now having it repaired!). I have been on the hunt since then for the perfect pale grey woolen structured coat, knee length or longer.

My hunt so far has been unsuccessful. In fact, PERILOUSLY so. Don't get me wrong, there have been a few contenders (said in the voice of John Anderson from Gladiators). Some "close but no cigar" versions available online and on the high street have been as follows:
Boohoo £40

PROs: Cheap!
CONs: Sweater material, doesn't have the luxe heaviness of wool



Whistles (or Next) £375
PROs: Sleek, stylish, perfect colour.
CONs: What, am I made of money?



 
Mango at John Lewis £119.99

PROs: Perfect colour, love how there's no buttons etc
CONs: Less structured than what I would have liked.

Xu112 (eBay): £56.99


PROs: Perfect colour, no buttons, heavy look
CONs: Sizing from Chinese stores can be tricky, quality is always an issue as well (previous experience)


Dorothy Perkins £55
PROs: Cheap(er) than others, no buttons
CONs: Not quite long enough...also the cost vs quality ratio isn't quite there for me


So...I'm not fussy (at all)...okay maybe I am a bit. HOWEVER, Saviour came for me today in the form of a glorious MANGO 30% coats and selected knitwear promotion (instore AND online). I had seen this beauty a few days ago, but the cost was putting me off slightly:


Mango originally £129.99

One hundred and thirty smackaroonies is a lot of money to me, so I held off...and I'm glad I did. With the 30% off promotion, I got this glorious coat for £90.99. I LOVE Mango with an absolute passion and always buy my staple items from there as the quality is so good (their jeans are particularly great...I wear these jeggings religiously). AND because my order was over £30...free home delivery! Hopefully this bad boy will be with my by the weekend.

It has everything I am looking for. Pale colour? Check. Minimal fastenings? Check. heavy look and feel? Check. Structure? Check. I may replace the black button with a grey one. But I might be so head over heels in love that I won't give a monkeys.

If you would like to take advantage of the offer on coats, jackets, cardigans and jumpers, enter the code 5MNG at the checkout. Offer ends 22nd October 2014.

I am now currently resisting the urge to go to my nearest Mango and try it on! If I do and I reeeeaaalllly love it...the offer still stands IN STORE and I could buy it there and then! Don't tempt me!

Now, my new obsession? JUMPER DRESSES.

PS: Really need to stop buying grey clothes #looklikeablackandwhitemovie.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.