Friday 10 October 2014

Weesse's SEPTEMBER FAVES

Hey

It's Weesse here with my September Faves! Each month I'll give y'all the low down on any purchases I've made, whether it be beauty products or some fashioney bits & bobs & pop the links on here to anything I'm loving right now for you check out.

My birthday is in September so between some lovely gifts & my birthday money splurges, I feel I've been buying left right & centre. Not at all complaining of course! Even made some Autumnal purchases whilst holidaying in Portugal! 

BEAUTY PICKS 


In terms of beauty recommendations for September, two of my faves are from URBAN DECAY. My mate Kelly had recommended their SUBVERSION lash primer & PERVERSION mascara duo & having never really found a mascara that I absolutely love, I was particularly eager to try these out, especially when I mistook Kelly's lashes for falses! Those bad boys were looking good! 




   So far, I'm really liking this primer meets mascara scenario. The wands on both are a decent size & easy to use which I like & I really do notice a significant difference in using the primer prior to the mascara. I apply the white primer (looks a tad weird but hey, it's not like you're going out with just that on!), allow it to dry & then layer up the mascara on top. The biggest difference I've noticed has been on my lower lashes which rarely look very defined. This combo seems to making them far more fuller & fluttery (word?). I wonder if the primer or the mascara alone would do the trick. Which one is the magic ingredient or is it really this specific combo that's making it all happen? I will have to use the primer with another brand of mascara I guess...and will report back on my findings! 

My next beauty fave is from Benefit & it's another primer! Maybe I'm just in the prime of life, eh? Badoomtish! Their POREfessional makeup primer is super silky on the skin & you need very little of it to get maximum coverage. I've never been one to use a primer before applying my foundation but had heard so many good things about this one I just had to try it. So far I'm loving it & that extra layer on the skin can only serve me well to achieving a very even coverage & flawless application of foundation. Always love Benefit's packaging & the handy sized tube is great for storing it in the old makeup bag.


FASHION PICKS


Moving swiftly on to my first fashion find of this month, it has to be from my Zara hit in Portugal. Yes I'm the gal who goes all the way to sunnier climates & buys a jumper & scarf from a store we have here at home. Had to be done as when I spotted these beauties I had to have them immediately. I always admire Zara's Autumn/Winter scarves as they're always beautiful patterned, a great size for wrapping yourself up on & uber soft to the touch. I swithered between quite a few in this year's collection (and may purchase another) but finally opted for a mixed of greens, greys, blues, red & black thinking that this would go with all of my winter jackets (and any other future purchases). I can't wait to as it's super snugly! No cold necks here! I'm not sure this exact pattern is available in the UK but there's plenty more to choose from.....which I'll probably end up doing again....well a girl's gotta have options, right?!




My second purchase from Zara was this thick knit, black jumper with leather trim around the neck. It was this detail that sold it to me. Love a lil' bit of leather so I do & I reckoned that black was a stylish, timeless option.  Also available in grey which could squirm it's way into my wardrobe before November!




Finally, I'm in love with this bag from H&M- a gift from Mimi herself! It's THE perfect shade of grey, an ideal size for everyday use & it's sturdy fabric gives the bag a fixed shape which I particularly like. Phone, makeup bag, diary, perfume, notebook, magazine, space for my scarf & a bottle of water....it's all getting in there & they won't misshapen the bag to boot! Result! Ideal Autumn/Winter purchase & will seriously go with anything! 

Photo credit: H&M UK

ET AL PICKS


It's a 'GOOD READ' pick this month with Sophia Amoruso's #GIRLBOSS being an absolute corker of a book. From humble beginnings on eBay, Nasty Gal has reached dizzying heights in a mere 8 years, selling clothing & accessories online worldwide to the tune of over 100 million dollars! This frank, witty account of her troubled teen years, the struggle to pinpoint her path in life as a young adult & then finding her passion for selling vintage treasures (like the Chanel jacket, bought for $8 & sold for over $1K!) online is a joy to read! I devoured this book on my week in sun. It's inspiring, funny, honest & motivational. A must for any budding #GIRLBOSS indeed! 




So peeps that's us for September! 

Me and my winter woollies and primers are off to do our thang and  I'll be back with an October Haul soon!

Peace out! 

Weesse x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.