Thursday 2 October 2014

What I Bought (WIB)

Just call me the "Mean Girls" Gretchen Weiner of the blog world, as in I am trying my hardest to make a lesser known (okay totally made up) phrase a "thing" (although my thing is not "fetch").

Welcome to my new slot which may or may not happen every week, What I Bought (or WIB). A bit like the MIB with just as much sharp tailoring but a bit less Will Smith.

I am OBSESSED with oversized coats. Mainly in pale blue, pale grey and camel. But they are simultaneously ruining and enriching my life. I NEED one but I don't HAVE one.

Primark have had a range of nice affordable coats but due to them making them a tad too big, it seems only the larger sizes are available. I really wanted to try and get one for less than £35 and even my old faithful eBay wasn't giving me any love.

Until....

I walked into Primark this morning. Primark at 9am is golden. The floor is clear, clothes are sized, there's no queue, and the fitting rooms are empty. There's no screaming children, and the footwear department doesn't smell like feet (yet). I looked forlornly at the oversized coats, dying a little inside when I noticed they had a camel coat with a faux fur collar (exhibit A).

Image courtesy of Primark
"That's nice" I thought. "If only it had the nice lapels and concealed buttons I so desire in an oversized coat".

THEN I noticed a wee label hanging from the coat....and it said....

"DETACHABLE COLLAR"

Shut. The. Front. Door. 

Could it be, that hiding under this collar was the perfect lapel of an oversized coat?!?!

YOU BETCHA.

Not gonna lie. I had to restraint myself from doing a wee victory dance.

Also bought a mustardy limey jumper for an actual fiver and a stretch jersey pencil skirt in charcoal grey. Also a fiver. Today I happen to be wearing last week's purchase, which is a pale blue chuinky cable knit jumper, £8 (Exhibit B).

Image courtesy of Primark


So there we have it...for £35 I have a jumper, a skirt and a coat which has 2 fabulous looks. Now I just need it in grey. And blue.

So fetch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.