Saturday 15 August 2015

Weesse has an EMPTY....or two...!



  By my own admission, I'm a tad unadventurous when it comes to trying new beauty products. When I find something I like, I'm monogamous and don't stray from the old faithfuls I've used for years. Boring I know but playing it safe saves el dinero and my time (precious as it is) which are both high on my priority list. 


  However if I happen to stumble across something new (post-severe procrastination (yup, that's me!)) and actually bite the bullet to try it out, I'm then keen to share my new-found loves with friends.....and that means YOU! Recommendations of products you've used and given the thumbs-up to from like-minded peeps can help to avoid wasting your hard earned cash on unused items that end up just gathering dust on your bathroom shelf-we all have 'em! So my EMPTIES (as in products I've finished and approved!) will be revealed, reviewed and then you can then purchase away if you fancy anything in particular. Boom, done! A public service, if you will! 

 A recent visit to the Kiehl's store in Glasgow opened me up to a whole world of skincare that I hadn't come a across before. Not that I've tried heaps of different brands or would say I'm particularly stuck on one specific make, I have for years been an advocate of Dermalogica products and if splurging on skincare, I tend to stick with them as I know my skin will always appreciate the TLC they afford. Having had two facials at Kiehl's Glasgow this year, I can safely say I've found another fave! 



  Post-facial (which was amazing!) the lovely Lisa at their Buchanan Street store, popped on some Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream in Natural  (available in 3 shades) so I could leave the shop not feeling too exposed (being make-up free!). I'm not someone who gets overly excited about BB creams as I never feel they offer enough coverage/cover-up but this lil' beaut has converted me. I used it everyday on holiday in Spain as opposed to my foundation and I was thrilled with it. Definitely doing what it says on the tin, it evens out your completion and with an SPF of 50, was an ideal choice for everyday wear abroad. I've now started sporting it at the gym (yes, I'm the girl who wears make-up when working out) in the hope that it's less clogging then foundation when getting a real sweat on. Will report back in due course as to whether it does the job or not. 







  I have also been loving Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Cream. Despite the hefty price-tag, I feel that with this a little goes a long way and so it will last you a long time-an investment perhaps. It's lightweight moisturiser and smells divine and could be used as a night cream as it has anti-ageing properties. Go and test it for yourself (the staff at the Buchanan Street store are super friendly and helpful). A try-before-you-buy for sure. 







 



 I'm forever seeking out ways to help keep my make-up on my face for longer! After all that's where you want it be, right?! A while back I recommended Urban Decay's All Night Make-up Setting Spray (which I'm still using) but recently paired that end stage in my routine with a pre-make-up step-a primer! Specifically L'oreal Paris Infallible Mattifying Base  which I think is a perfect dupe for the Smashbox Photo-Finish Primer. The L'oreal version is a THIRD of the price, is 5ml bigger and has a similar consistency to it! I find it has been making it easier to apply my make-up too as it's super silky and helps to hold my foundation in place for longer. Go get it! 








 I am a big fan of L'oreal (have recommended their True Match Liquid Foundation before) so I'm not surprised that I recently discovered another favourite from them. I have been freakin' loving their Volume Million Lashes Mascara- like seriously guys, it's da bomb! Firstly, the stiff brush helps to separate your lashes as you comb through  the mascara (love!); it defines and lengthens with minimal application (love!); and it's not expensive (sold!). Again, in the past, I have touted Urban Decay's Subversion Primer/Perversion Mascara Duo  as a real fave of mine (which it is) but at a THIRD of the cost, the L'oreal mascara has to win. More pennies in your pocket to buy more lovely things! 






And that my friends is your wack (as we say in Bonnie Scotland!). I hope you find a new love in one or all of the above. I've certainly got a bit of repurchasing to do!


Comment below if you have discovered any gems recently! 



Peace out!



Weesse xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.