Tuesday 14 April 2015

New-Found Faves (pssst, that don't break the bank!)



Well hello there, long time no see! 



Been a rather hectic few weeks work-wise & I guess something's gotta give when life gets in the way...sadly it was blogging. Sad face. 

But HOORAY, Mimi & I are back & have lots of favourites to share. 

Here's my recent purchases...


First up, is Johnson's Baby Oil! Yup, I've been slathering myself in it over the last month (nothing weird, I promise!) and I'm really feeling the difference in my skin. Don't know what made me buy it actually but I'm real glad I took the plunge & splurged (heehee!). I can be real lazy when it comes to caring for my skin sometimes but this is so easy to apply straight out of the shower or tub & gives you a real sheen that looks especially sexy on sun kissed/fake tanned skin. I'll be sure to continue making this a part of my daily routine to ensure I'm ready to bear some more flesh as the sunshine arrives (it'd  better appear pronto!) & as it's a major bargain purchase I don't need to use it sparingly. Result! 





  I am always (like most girls I know) on the hunt for the perfect mascara. One that lengthens, thickens, separates, cooks the dinner & does the dishes. Well not quite, but one that is a triple-threat but doesn't break the bank. I've tried umpteen brands over the years & have accumulated a few favourites that I do go back to but I'm always open to trying new ones.
   My mum recently recommended I try her go-to mascara. She's also tried & tested a heap of different makes but loves the SEVENTEEN Waterproof Mascara which I concur is pretty darn fabulous. It does all of the above tricks (aside from the housework part), doesn't clog on the lashes & is another purse-friendly find. A new fave indeed. 






Recently I decided to road test Johnson & Johnson's Clean & Clear Deep Cleansing Lotion Sensitive in attempt to up the ante in my ever-fluctuating skincare routine. When I can, I love to use Dermalogica products & recently I have been trying to have a salon facial every 2-3 weeks to keep my skin blemish free & in good condition. After all, it's always nice to let an expert take over & do the job right. 


 Johnson & Johnson's Clean & Clear Exfoliating Daily Wash has been a firm fave of mine for years so I hoped the Deep Cleansing Lotion Sensitive would step up to the mark. It did not disappoint! Although the exfoliator is pretty thorough at getting all my make-up off, the lotion clears away the remaining debris & seems to be keeping those pesky zits at bay. Hallelujah! Although it's more a toner-like formula it doesn't leave my skin feeling too taut or stripped of moisture. I wear full coverage make-up everyday so anything that gently strips my face bare at the end of the day & helps fight off any spots threatening to emerge gets my vote. Another cheap purchase alert....can't beat it! 



 I'm the kinda gal who buys a lippy in 'not my usual colour' & then ends up not wearing it. Aside from a pillar-box red for when I'm performing, I tend to opt for a similar shade of lipstick time & time again as I find I don't suit many of the colour palettes out there. A while back I bought Rimmel's 'Vintage Pink' & adored it, wearing it religiously.  I aimed to pick up another when I'd reached the very last dregs of the bullet but kept forgetting, until a few weeks back when I was patiently waiting on a prescription in the pharmacy. Sadly they didn't have it in stock but I discovered another beaut in the shade 'Asia' from their Lasting Finish range which I now wear daily. It's my perfect lip colour & as a brand I find Rimmel's lipsticks not too drying & sufficiently long lasting. 

How would I describe the colour? Mmmm not sure, so here's a photo! 







  Next up, is not one but TWO Loreal new faves. It's fast becoming my go-to brand. Quality without the price tag of higher-end versions.  When it comes to bronzer I don't have an extensive list of demands-as long as it's not too shimmery & not too drying on the skin (and the perfect shade of course) I'm a happy camper. Like so many of my other cosmetic purchases, I'm a creature of habit & tend to stick loyally by the same few brands for each of my make-up routine products. For years I was a Benefit Hoola girl, then I went on to a more Drugstore budget & returned to Rimmel's Natural Bronzer on repeat.  


  If you read my January favourites post, you'll know I discovered & fell head over heels (as did my purse!) for Loreal True Match Liquid Foundation as a more affordable dupe for my Estée Lauder Doublewear Foundation. It was with this find that I also decided to try out their Glam Bronze Powder Duotaking advantage of a '2 products for £14' offer in Boots, which meant I had nothing to lose venturing out my bronzer comfort zone. Again, I wasn't disappointed. Ticking my must-have it boasts a gorgeous shade of bronze, sturdy packing (that means, like some others I've tried, doesn't risk you smashing it in to smithereens if you take it out & about with you!) & a handy slim-line contouring brush that I've been using to give definition in to the ol' cheekbones. Can't grumble with this one & I can safely say, having partially hit pan now (bought it in January so that's good going!), I'll be repurchasing this for sure. 



Again, through circumstance (and by that I mean the offers in Boots! A girl can resist a bargain!) I also, more recently, ended up buying Loreal's True Match Concealer. I had found a real favourite in Miss Sporty's version (also available in Boots) but the thicker consistency and lasting power of the Loreal one tips the barrel. I choose the the lightest colour as I mostly use it for under-eye correction and highlighting. 



 And there you have it. A perfectly formed collection of affordable new-found faves of mine that I'll be taking with me right in to Summer. 

Until next time. Peace out.

W x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.