Tuesday 18 November 2014

Matching Undies and the Rights and Thongs of Weesse.


So....

Your shoes have to match your handbag.
Your socks need to match....each other.
And your bra should match your undies.

All of the above I struggle with. 

I'm not too fussed about my handbag matching my shoes to be honest. I usually go through a phase of using the same handbag for weeks at a time so teaming it up with matching shoes ain't on my agenda really. In Winter I opt for a colour palette of greys, blacks, dark greens & generally more Autumnal shades so my all handbags & shoes tend to fall in to this category & work together beautifully

My hubby knows that I don't make any effort to ensure my socks match (unless he's paired them in advance) as nine times out of ten I'm stealing his, grabbing the first two socks I can find out of his drawer before he catches me (which he always does!). 

However the concept of matching bra & undies is one I occasionally strive to adhere to but end up failing miserably on day two of the attempt. Mission aborted. Back to the mismatched items pour moi. 

Mimi & I were recently treated to a  gorgeous lingerie set from ULTIMO when we attended their launch at Glasgow's House of Fraser (see blog post link below). Getting new underwear is always a treat & we both adore our new fancy undies. It was such a thrill to carefully unpack the set from it's box &  tissue paper, slip it on & then put on my frock for a night out feeling that little more dressed up! All matching & feel fabulous, I was safe in the knowledge that if I got knocked down by a bus my dignity would be left intact. 

No but seriously, wearing that set gave me an all important little boost. There's no denying that a matching set can make you feel more dressy, maybe sexier & more, together really. Taking time to plan an outfit seems perfectly normal & integral to feeling awesome on a night out, so why not take the time to make sure what's underneath is looking as 'together' as your outerwear?!  





Despite loving wearing matching lingerie I rarely treat myself to such delights. I tend to spend money on well-fitting but pretty-boring-to-look-at-bras (usually black or white) but never buy matching bottoms, opting for your supermarket multi-packs of thongs instead. Shhhhexy!!! Maybe I'm a bit of a Scrooge or maybe I can't be fussed doing a little more leg work in finding the perfect lingerie that is both supportive AND pretty! Who knows?! But it's time things change me thinks! 

Ultimo founder Michelle Mone launches her latest Parisian inspired lingerie collection ‘Adore Moi by Ultimo’ in Debenhams TODAY! Michelle is a gal who knows how to wear (and design) the perfect matching pair & when she offers us gals some handy tips in getting it just right in the undies department you better listen up! 



1.     STOCK UP: The general rule is that you should get 2-3 wears out of your bra before washing. This means that you need a minimum of 3 matching briefs to see you through, so make sure you always stock up and buy your underwear with a 3-1 bra/brief ratio.  

2.    BE WISE WHEN WASHING: when it comes to lingerie, there’s nothing more annoying than opening your underwear drawer to find a selection of mismatched bras and briefs. It’s my pet hate. So, always wash your sets together and hand wash them rather than machine wash. Not only will this ensure they are treated with extra care and attention, but it will prevent any straying thongs. 

3.     COLOUR CO-ORDINATE: A very simple and effective approach to lingerie is to colour coordinate, allowing you to interchange your briefs and bras. My advice is to pick two or three colours that you wear most, and stick with those – for example, black, white and leopard print. Of course, with patterns and print you might not always get the perfect match, but if it’s close enough it counts! 


Here's a sneak peek of this stunning collection. Personally, I'm loving the all-black ensemble! 









So with Santa lists being written all over the country I think it's about time I add something delicate & divine to mine. I'll need to get myself down to Debenhams pronto to try on the collection, then promptly drop some hints in hubby's direction.....or get sending some changing-room selfies perhaps?!!! 


Ladies, do you do this matching undies malarkey?  Are you aghast at my revelations of my boring bras & multipack thongs? Apologies if I offend you ( Michelle, if you're reading this I hang my head in shame!). I promise from here on in to try harder to be more matching.....and hopefully more fetching if that bus comes hurling round the corner. 


Weesse x


Links
http://www.debenhams.com/lingerie/ultimo

http://www.ultimo.co.uk/

http://mimiandweesse.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/bravo-for-ultimo-house-of-fraser-launch.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.