Wednesday 10 May 2017

Here Comes Summer* (*allegedly)



Apparently…summer is around the corner. We have been enjoying some glorious sunny weather up here en Ecosse, but it sure isn’t warm! However, in a bid to dress myself out of an extended Winter funk, I’ve been making more of an effort to wear lighter fabrics and fresher colours. Gone are my staple khaki, grey and navy knits…high there tan chinos, blue and white striped shirts and canvas loafers.

Case in point my (almost) bare-faced Summer look from last weekend where it was 16 degrees and practically tropical up here.




All still worn with my Regatta parka #obvs.

BUT fail to prepare and prepare to fail as they say, so now is the time, as the sun starts to peek it’s glorious head around the corner, to get stocking up on some fab Summer accessories that can brighten even the simplest and most flexible of outfits. Here are some of my faves that I a) already own and b) have my eye on.


Turban Outfitters

Even when I had long hair, I loved me a turban or a head scarf. Perfect in the summer when lounging at the pool, they do a good to job of keeping the heat off of your head.

Don’t want to go full Carmen Miranda? Opt for a twisted headband instead. All the effect of a turban without feeling like you’re missing your maracas.





CLOCK-WISE FROM TOP:
Stripe twist front head band, Zara, price unknown (bought in the sale last year)
Satin effect knotted head band, Zara, £7.99 (comes in yellow…I have both)
Twist front hair band, Primark, £2


Summer, you say? I’m All Ears…

From this point on you may notice that I have a mild obsession with all things tassel and pom pom-adorned.



CLOCK-WISE FROM TOP LEFT:
Tassel and coin earrings, eBay shop mixlotchina, £2.01
Face earrings, Mango, £9.99
Metal pendant earrings, Mango, £12.99
Twist Earrings, Zara, price unknown (bought in the sale last year)


The Eyes Have It

Now that I am approaching the big 3-0, I’ve become one of those people who wear sunglasses outdoors at all times in a bid to prevent crow’s feet-inducing squinting. Totes not about channelling my inner Jackie-O. Not at all.




CLOCK-WISE FROM TOP LEFT:
Tortoiseshell cat eye sunglasses, Primark, £2 (also in black)
Dark blue sunglasses, Parfois, £14.99
Red & Gold Sunglasses by Diane Von Furstenberg, TK Maxx, £24.99 (RRP £105)
Aviator sunglasses, H&M, £5.99 (also in gold)



Chunky and Funky

My love affair with accessories extends beyond the neck down. Think big. Think statement. Think tribal, silver, tassels, pomp poms and a whole mixture of other textures.



L-R:
Multi-strand necklace, H&M, £17.99
Tribal-inspired necklace, eBay shop Firefly jewellery & Accessories, £8.99 (also comes in blue)
Silver chunky filigree necklace, Primark, £8





Cuff Love

I’m a watch-wearer, but when on holiday I forgo my retro Casio rose gold digital timepiece (because I have nowhere to be) and opt for chunky bangles and bracelets instead. Layer them up or opt for one statement piece.

L-R:
Starfish cuff bracelet, H&M, £8.99
Committed wooden bracelets, Mango, £15.99 for 2
11 pack bracelets, H&M, £8.99


It’s in the Bag

Summer bags to me say canvas, wicker and leather. Go straight from beach to bar with these beauties.



CLOCK-WISE FROM TOP LEFT:
Woven shoulder bag by Vimoda, TK Maxx, £14.99 (RRP £39)
La Piscine Tote Bag, Parfois, £27.99
Hyacinth woven handbag, TK Maxx, £19.99

Studded bucket bag, Mango Outlet, £8 (RRP £19.99)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.